Friday 10 October 2014

Friendz dears.....
I learnt Maharaja 'HALA's collection of prakritha gadhas before my marriage. i was so attracted for the very simple, straight, innocent but touching expressions of the prakritha poets. I want to share some of them with u so that u can also experience the real beauty of real poetry.


      Ama ama a ga a Na sehara ra a Nee mriha tila a 
      canda dE chivasu
      chittO jehim mamam pi tEhim
      vi a karEhim...
Meaning:  O Amritmay!!!!! An ornament of skies!!!! kumkum of the Lady night!!!!! Chandra!!!! Pl...touch me with ur hands (rays) with which u have touched my lover....
How sweet!!!! Is there any other innocent but touching expression of love other than this? 
This lady is a 'PROSHITHA PATHIKA' whose husband is not in town during this lovely moon light day. She feels to get  atleast the touch of her husband thru the moon who is at a time visible and near to both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment