Thursday 14 August 2014

Kontakalam Video Song - Chandramukhi

...

Friendz....
I love this song for it's composing, lyrical value, locations and ..and..beautiful Nayana thara even. I am fascinated to hear this song many a times 'cause I love the raga 'Abhogi' equally in which it is tuned.
In my childhood,  I was learning 'Varnams'. when my guru Sri Kondappagaru was teaching this varnam, I was very very attracted towards the raga and for even Patnam  Subrahmanya Iyyer garu's 
skills in exalting all the intrinsic features of the raga. .
Unknowingly also I used to practice the above varnam many more times.
Now the above song equally attracted me for it's fine tuning in a classical raga along with it's beautiful lyrics and starring. friendz..This is the foto of my guruvugaru Sri Kondappa (desciple of sri Pedda Jamalappa who was a sishya and follower of the great Mysore T.chowdappa garu)...
He was a music teacher in Sri Ramakrishna High School. My elder sisters Smt Karuna, Tarulatha and Tulaja and brother Aravind and lil.sis..Anuradha also learnt music from him. As a school teacher, he taught us many patriotic songs also to sing in school on different occasions. He was very good at singing and violin also. He was a good master and very good human being too. I met him last in 1998, when he was sick with fever, and  took his blessings while I was going to Tirumala for Lord Venkateswara swamy's darshan. As I got my Doctorate from OU in 1996 October, I was due for TIRUMALA Darshan. On the way I went to Kadapa, met my music guru and after 'Vodobiyyam' in my maternal home by my brother Aravind and sister in law Smt Rajyalakshmi, went to Tirumala. U   might be thinking that 'how this story is connected to Abheri ragam. Yes yes..I will tell u now..I told kondappa garu that I can't forget his teaching of varnams (specially Abhogi)  in all the three 'KALAMS' (musicians can understand this word ) teaching of 'manodharmam' and practice in school on Independence Day celebrations, school day  and VIP visits too. And ..and...returning home with lots and lots of prizes too..Friendz..Famous cine actress, the very innocent rustic beauty of 'Chitchor' Zarina Waheb' was my class mate in Kadapa..We enacted as Siva (herself) and Parvathi (me) in 'SIVATHANDAVAM' of maa ayyagaru in one of the school days u know?..

 Friendz...How can I forget a 'musical, dramatic and competetive childhood' of mine and..and by birth a 'well noted life'  (as daughter of Puttaparthivaru) 'cause of  many a birth's 'PUNYAM'........?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment