Sunday 23 February 2014

Jon Higgins - Govardana Giridhari - Darbari Kanada


Friendz dears, I am fond of this song in Raga Darbari Kanada sung by Shri John Higgins Bhagavathar. I used to play his only available LP available in AIR Kadapa Tapes and Records library when ever time permits during  beginning years of my job as Transmission executive. I used to do double duty as Announcer cum Tr.Ex.(Duty officer) in those days when ever announcer is not available. i was so moved with the rendition skills and professionalism in his voice. I still adore his LOVE towards our Karnatak music. We being Telugites, don't bother about the heavenly  experience that can be drawn thru MUSIC.
Maa ayyagaru used to say that 'even the marriage MUHURTHAMS' were being planned according to the dates of good Nadaswaram Vidwans. In Tamilnadu, dates of famous musicians were their first pripority and MUHURTHAM wasadjusted accordingly. Arranging concerts by sarvasri Chembai, G.N.B., M.S. and Malisir. etc in marriages was a prestige in Zamindar's houses. 
Time has changed a lot. Values are also changed.
But now, the present youth is again being attracted towards our DANCE and MUSIC. While I was in Newjersy, USA (2011)with my dearest daughter Chi Vamsipriya,  so many children sang  the compositions of Muttuswamy, Syamasastry, and Thyagaraja in 'TRIMURTHY Day'. I  wish those golden days to visit again our houses and let our surroundings rejoice in the SANGEETAMRITHA again.

No comments:

Post a Comment